Proactive Approach to IT Enables Local Businesses to Combat Threats
MICHIGAN — November 31st 2015
Abadata Computer Corp., a leading provider of unified communications, announced today that its proactive approach to managed services enhances security and helps companies combat malicious threats. Fortune 1000 organizations have plenty of budget available to spend on IT security infrastructure. They are fully equipped with in-house staff that is dedicated full-time to optimizing security across the board. While the necessity for IT security is in plain sight, many small to mid-sized companies may ignore this area of their business until it’s too late. Abadata’s managed IT services provides proactive resources to business owners everywhere. The company zeroes in on five key areas to focus on, to dramatically improve the health of their customers’ technology.
In its purest form, Abadata’s managed IT services anticipate IT issues before they crop up. It’s a proactive and cost effective approach that has changed the way businesses improve their productivity, streamline their efficiency and keep their critical information safe. This approach enables business owners to stay focused on their core competencies, instead of trying to understand the complexities of IT networks. There are five critical areas where Abadata leverages their proactive approach to enhance security.
1) Anti-virus/Anti-malware. Most viruses spread so fast because they are delivered in the simplest ways. Viruses are usually deployed through email, software downloads or phishing sites. Abadata provides regularly updates virus protection so the latest threats can be combatted.
2) Data Backup. If you’ve ever lost your data, your presentation or a file went missing, you’ve felt the sting of a lacking data backup program. While most businesses have partial backups in place, Abadata provides companies with cloud based business continuity and disaster recovery programs in order to eliminate this problem from their IT landscape.
3) Software Updates. If you’ve ever snoozed a security update, you’ve potentially put your company at risk for greater harm. Abadata team of technicians work around the clock to instantaneously and continuously update software so customers are always on the latest version.
4) Unauthorized Users. Keeping unauthorized users out – of buildings, software programs and internal networks – is another vital component for a comprehensive data protection program. Leaving these areas unprotected is irresponsible as leaving your doors unlocked at night. Abadata monitors activity constantly and works with customers to provide access to necessary employees.
5) Cloud & Mobile Security. Virtually every business in today’s marketplace relies on some form of cloud-based technology or mobile phones. Each one of these pose a potential threat to the network and create vulnerability for the network, especially if left ignored. Abadata monitors personal devices to protect against threats entering the network taking mobile security and cyber security to another level.
“When an organization takes the time to assess these areas of their business, it’s very easy to dramatically improve the health of their technology,” said Dave Wineman, President of Abadata. “We are very well versed in these areas and can bring years of expertise and experience to the table. The modern organization can simply not afford to ignore these areas of their business any longer and by partnering with us we can prevent a catastrophic event.”
We are proud of our long time partnership with WatchGuard Technologies, (15 years). WatchGuard is the leading provider of UTM and firewall hardware, enterprise grade security and award winning technology for any size organization.
With that in mind we are delighted to invite you to our forthcoming Lunch and Learn to be held at E.G. Nicks in Lapeer on June 20th. Find out what Award Winning WatchGuard Firewall Technology/and WIPS(Wireless Intrusion Prevention System) can do to safeguard YOUR Business Network. Take the headache and worry out of your Internet and network security and meet the "Team" who can take care of you! Top WatchGuard Sales/Tech Michael Pearson will be discussing latest WatchGuard technology including TDR (Threat Detection and Response) and giving some compelling reaons for keeping your network security safe.
Top Security Threats
The increased volume and frequency of cyberattacks has made information security an everyday issue. SMBs represent low hanging fruit for many threat actors seeking new targets of attack, so much so that according to the National Small Business Association 50% of small businesses have already been impacted by cyber-attacks with an average cost of $20,752. With SMBs increasingly under threat, it’s important to understand the top security threats your organization faces including:-
Advanced Malware Data Loss Unsecured Wireless Networks Network Blind Spots Ransomware
Registration is open - sign up for our next Lunch and Learn - Lapeer June 20th at noon!
Places will be in short supply so don't delay! - Sign up now! We are delighted to have you on board!
WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million integrated, multi-function threat management appliances worldwide. Their signature red boxes are architected to be the industry's smartest, fastest, and meanest security devices with every scanning engine running at full throttle!
Abadata is 38 years in the Technology Business! Based in Michigan - Managed Services are our key component to successful IT for any business, organization, educational facility, library, industry, non profit or even your home!